Oil for Deep Frying
½ Small Onion
½ Small Tomato
2 Green Chillies
1 tsp Coriander Leaves*
1 tsp Salt
6 tbsp Flour
1 tbsp Oil
¼ tsp Chillie Powder
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Powder
- Hard boil the eggs. Remove it's shells and cut them into halves.
- Gently take out the egg yolks from the egg pieces and collect the yolks in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the egg whites and leave them aside.
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, coriander leaves and green chillies. Add them to the egg yolks along with the salt and mix well.
- Now make equal 10 portions of the yolk mixture and fill them back into the cavities of the egg whites.
- To make the batter, take the flour in a bowl and mix the oil well with the flour. Then add the other ingredients and a little water so as to get a thick and consistent batter.
- Make sure not to add too much water as the batter should not be thin.
- In a pan heat enough oil for deep frying the pakoras. Coat each egg carefully with the batter, without spoiling it's filling and drop them into the oil.
- Fry till golden brown on high flame.
- Take them out on an absorbent paper so that the excess oil is drained out. Serve as snacks or as accompaniment.
* You may consider this as optional.