Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins| Yield: 8 Pieces
8 Medium Button Mushrooms
4 Cheese Slices
2 tbsp Boiled Peas
2 tbsp Boiled Corn
4 tbsp Diced Bacon*
1 tsp Oil
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and clean well and leave them aside.
- Heat a pan and add the bacon. Fry them a little in their own fat.
- Once the bacon is slightly brown, remove from heat and mix the peas and the corns.
- Divide into 8 equal portions
- Cut the cheese slices into halves.
- Take a mushroom, and place it upside down. Now place a piece of cheese slice and then a portion of the bacon mixture on top. Press this in a little and seal it up with the cheese slice itself. Repeat for the rest.
- Heat a griller or pan and smear the oil.
- Grill the bottoms mushrooms for 5-7 mins on medium. Now place it in an oven and grill the top until they are browned. **
*Optional. You can also use shredded chicken instead.
** I prefer not to bake the mushrooms in an oven as they become slightly too soft by the time the browning is done.