Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 15 -20 mins Yield: 9”x9” Cake
1½ cup Grated Carrots
1 cup Flour
¾ tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Sugar
¾ cup Vegetable Oil
½ tsp Cinamom Powder
¼ tsp Salt
- In a bowl add the eggs and the sugar. With an electric beater, beat them till you get a thick, creamy, off-white coloured mixture. It should take you about 3-4 mins.
- Now add all the other ingredients into this mixture. Using a ladle mix the batter well.
- Take a 9”x9” square baking dish (or any other shape with similar capacity). Apply oil to its sides and bottom.
- Cut a butter paper in the size of the baking dish's size. Grease it baking on both sides with oil and place it in the baking dish.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking tray.
- For baking in an oven preheat the oven. Then bake the cake at 180 dgree temparature, for about 20-25 minutes till it is done and the cake gets a nice brown colour on the top.
- You should keep checking in between, piercing the cake with a toothpick or a fork to see if the cake in done in the center. If nothing sticks to the toothpick, then the cake is done.
- You may also micro cook the cake on high for about 10-12 minutes. It should be done by then. For the browning, use the grill-combi option during the last 2-3 minutes.
- Cool the cake and then run a knife along the edges.
- Turn the cake upsidedown on to a platter, remove the butter paper, slice and serve.