250 gms Whole Trout
2 tsp Chopped Garlic
½ tsp Chopped Ginger
1 tsp Green Chillie Paste*
½ tsp Pepper Powder
1½ tsp Chaat Masala
¼ tsp Chillie Powder
¼ tsp Jeera (Cumin) Powder
4 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Flour
4 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Clean the trout keeping the head and the tail intact. Make slits on both sides of the fish.
- Rub the lemon juice and salt into the trout. Leave it aside for 15 mins.
- Dry roast the jeera and the chillie powder in a pan till it turns dark brown. Remove from the flame immediately so that it doesn't get burnt.
- Now mix the roasted powder with the finely chopped garlic, ginger, pepper powder, chaat masala and green chillie paste.
- Rub this mixture thoroughly into the fish. Leave the fish for another 10 mins.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Roll the fish in the flour and place it on the pan for frying.
- Cook each side for 2-3 mins until easily flaked with a fork.
- Garnish with onions and cucumbers.
*You may add finely chopped chillies instead of paste.