8 Medium Sized Prawns
Oil for Deep Frying
2 tsp Soya Sauce
1 tsp Chillie Sauce*
1 tsp Tomato Sauce
½ tsp Pepper Powder*
½ Tsp Lemon Juice / Vinegar
Salt to taste
For the Batter:
4 tbsp Flour (Maida)
1 tbsp Oil
¼ tsp Red Chillie Powder*
¼ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp salt
- Clean the prawns by peeling off its shells and de-veining them. Remove the heads but make sure to keep the tails intact.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marination and marinate for 15 – 20 mins.
- In the mean while prepare the batter by first adding the oil into the flour and mixing them well. Then add the other ingredients and a little water so as to get a thick and consistent batter. Make sure not to add too much water as the batter should not be thin.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying and then holding the prawns by their tails, dip and roll them nicely into the batter and then drop them into the hot oil. The tails should not be coated with the batter.
- The coating of the prawns would puff up when deep fried. Fry till golden brown and then take them out and leave them for a few mins on an absorbent paper so that the excess oil is soaked up by the paper.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chillie sauce.
*You may increase the quantity of these if you wish to make the fries spicier.