Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 10 mins| Yield: 12 Pieces
150 gms Minced Chicken
½ cup Rice*
1” piece of Ginger
1 Green Chilli
Salt to Taste
1 tsp Oil
- Wash and soak the rice for about an hour.
- Finely chop the ginger. Should make about 1½ tbsp chopped ginger.
- Finely chop the green chilli.
- Drain out the rice and take it on a plate. Ensure there is no excess water in the rice.
- Mix the ginger and the chilli with the chicken adding salt according to taste. Divide into 12 portions and make them into balls. The balls might tend to be a bit sticky at this stage. If unmanageable, apply a little oil on your palms.
- Roll the chicken balls on to the rice and cover it well with the rice.
- Now steam the balls in a covered container. Or just make sure that water doesn’t reach the chicken balls while they are getting steamed.
- Do smear the oil in the container before placing them.
- If cooked in a pressure cooker it should take about 10 mins to be done (first on high, then on medium). Or steam them until done.
- Serve hot as a starter or snacks.
*Ideally use fine, small grained rice.