2 medium sized Potatoes
½ tsp Ginger Paste
½ tsp Garlic Paste
¼ tsp Kasoori Methi
¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder*
1 tsp Chole Masala Powder**
½ tsp Chillie Powder
2 Green Chillies
1 cup Dahi (Plain Yogurt)***
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Salt to taste
- Peel, wash and dice the potates into 1” cubes.
- In a pan heat the oil and the ghee together and add the potatoes. Fry lightly.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry a little, and then add the kasoori methi, garam masala powder, chole masala powder and the chillie powder.
- Add a little water and stir. Add a little salt and fry the masala with the potatoes till oil starts separating from the gravy.
- Add the dahi.
- Slit the green chillies into halves and add them to the pan as well.
- Stir for a while and then add salt according to taste.
- Add a little water and cover the pan.
- Cook till the potatoes are cooked well.
- Uncover and allow the excess water to evaporate. This is to be done till the gravy thickens a little and oil starts separating again.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
*Garam Masalo powder includes equal proportion of cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon grinded together.
**You may replace the chole masala with anything other similar variant.
***If the dahi is too soury in taste, then add about ¾ cup only.