10 gms Sewai (Vermicelli*)
1 Lt Whole Milk
20 gms Resins
20 gms Broken cashew**
4 tbsp Sugar***
½ tbsp Oil
Pinch of Salt
- In a large pan heat the oil and add the sewai after breaking them into about 1” long pieces.
- Fry till golden brown. Take them out and leave them aside.
- Now to the same pan add the milk and stirring occasionally condense the milk to about ½ it's original quantity.
- Now add the sewai and let it cook in the milk on low flame. Make sure that the milk doesn't condense too much for it might get too thick once cool.
- Now add the cashew and the resins.
- Once the sewai is cooked (be very sure not to over cook), add the sugar and a very small pinch of salt.
- Stir till the sugar dissolves well. Cook for another minute or so and remove from flame.
- Cool, refrigerate and then serve.
*The vermicelli used is a fine wheat vermicelli and not the rice variety.
**You may also add Pista or Almonds.
***The quantity of sugar may be varied as per your taste.