Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Yield: 3-4 servings
1 cup Button Mushrooms
½ cup Peas (Boiled)
½ Small Onion
1 Green Chillie*
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Creame**
½ tsp Pepper Powder
Salt to taste
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms in warm water and thinly slice them.
- Slice onions and chop the green chillie.
- In a pan melt the butter and then add the mushrooms and the onions.
- Saute' till the onions and the mushrooms are lightly fried.
- Add the peas and the green chillie. Stir fry for about 2 mins.
- Add the pepper powder and the salt according to taste.
- Now add 2 cups of water.
- Pour this mixture into a blender. Blend this till it is almost a smooth paste and not a fully smooth one. This gives a better taste to the soup.
- Pour this mixture back into the pan.
- Add another cup of water and let it come to a boil.
- Add the cream, stir and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with bread rolls.
*If you prefer your soup not to be too spicy them you may not add the chillie at all. Or to make it spicier, you may add 2 green chillies.
**Instead of creame, you may add milk which would serve the purpose well.