Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins| Yield: 20 pieces
50 gms (3 slices) Cheese
5 Slices of Bread
4 tbsp Flour
2 Green Chillie/ ½ tsp Red Chillie Powder*
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Remove the sides of the breads and cut them into 4 pieces each.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Grate the cheese and add it to the eggs.
- Mix the flour, chillies and salt (just a little, about ½ tsp, as the cheese is high in salt content).
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take a piece of bread and apply about 2 tsp of the egg mixture on one side of the bread.
- Immediately put it into the hot oil. The side with the cheese mixture should be towards the bottom of the pan.
- Fry till golden brown, flip and fry the other side as well till golden brown.
- Repeat for the rest.
- Remove on absorbant paper and serve hot with drinks.