Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30-40 mins | Yield: 3-4 servings
800-900 gms of Chicken (10-12 Medium Pieces)
1 Medium Onion
1 Small Tomato
3 Green Chillies
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1½ tsp Dhania (Coriander) Powder
½ tsp Haldi (Turmeric) Powder
½ Chillie Powder
1 tsp Kasoori Methi
½ tsp Nutmeg Powder*
½ cup Curd
4 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken pieces
- Slice the oinion, chop the tomato and slit the chillies.
- Now in a kadai or a pan heat the oil and add the onions. Fry till translucent.
- Now add the green chillies and the tomatoes.
- Then add the garlic paste, dhania, haldi and the chille powder.
- Add a little water and salt and fry the masala well. Once dry, add a little more water and stir till oil starts separating.
- Now add the kasoori methi, nutmeg powder and the curd. Stir and cook till oil separates.
- Then add the chicken pieces and the remaining salt as per your taste.
- Stir and cook the chicken pieces on high flame along, till all the water evaporates from the gravy and it becomes completely dry.
- Add a cup of water, stir and cover kadai with a lid. Simmer and let the chicken cook until soft.
- Uncover the lid and keep the heat on till the excess water evaporates and oil starts to separate from the gravy.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.
* Instead, you may also add mace powder.