Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Yield: 3-4 Servings
500 gms Chicken
4 tbsp Yogurt
2 Large Pods of Garlic
½ tbsp Lemon Juice*
2 Bay Leaves
¼ tsp Pepper Powder
3 tbsp Coriander Leaves
2 Green Chillies
2 tsp Ghee**
Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken and cut them into medium pieces.
- Finely chop the ginger, garlic and the green chillies. The ginger should be about a tbsp full and the garlic 2 tbsp full.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together except for the ghee.
- Marinade the chicken for about 10 mins.
- Now take a large piece of foil and apply 1 tsp of ghee on it.
- Mix the other tsp of ghee with the chicken.
- Wrap the chicken along with the marinade in the foil.
- Steam this in a pressure cooker or a pan. Do not put the foil directly into the water.
- Make sure to put it in a pressure cooker container or any other container with a lid.
- It should take about 10 mins in a cooker or a little longer in a pan for the chicken to be nicely done and soft.
- Remove the chicken into a serving bowl.
- Now in case you find water from the chicken in the covered container, pour it into a pan and cook on high till the water almost dries up. Pour this over the chicken.
*The quantity of lemon juice depends on how sour the yogurt is. You may add a little more according to your taste and the yogurt used.
**Can be replaced by butter or oil. If you wish, you may do away with it totally.