Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins| Yield: 12 pieces
1 Large Onion
1 cup Basan
2 Green Chillies*
Salt to taste
Oil for Deep Frying
- Finely slice the onion and chop the green chillies.
- In a bowl take the onions and the chillies.
- Add the besan and the salt (about ½ tsp). Mix well.
- The salt will soften the onions a little and will allow some water come off it. This will be enough to bind the mixture. If not, add just a little water so as to get the onions to stick to each other.
- Now heat enough oil for deep frying.
- Take about a table spoon full of the mixture in your hand and put it into the oil. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Fry on medium heat so that the peyajis are crisp from within.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee..
*You may increase the quantity of these if you wish to make the fries spicier.