2 cups (200 gms) Rice
1 cup par boiled Spinach
½ cup Mushrooms*
½ cup Shrimps*
½ cup Peas*
2 large pods of Garlic
1 Green Chillie
6 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms in warm water and thinly slice them.
- Clean the shrimps and wash them as well.
- Finely chop the spinach, chillie and the garlic and leave them aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add the garlic.
- Saute' for about a minute and then add the prawns.
- Once the prawns are lightly fried add the mushrooms and the peas. Let the water from the mushrooms fully evaporate and oil starts separating.
- Now add the spinach and a little salt.
- Continue cooking till the spinach is fully dry and lightly fried. Remove from heat.
- Now to cook in a microwave, wash the rice thoroughly and put it in a microwave safe bowl. Add the spinach mixture and salt according to taste (about 2 tsp for the rice is normally required).
- Add 4 cups of water and cook for 20 mins in the microwave.
- Once done, stir the rice lightly with a fork.
- If you donot want to use a microwave, then cook the spinach mixture directly in a pressure cooker, add the washed rice and stir for 3-4 mins till water fully evaporates and the rice is lightly fried. Add water as required depending on the type of rice used and salt to taste, and then pressure cook till done. You may also cook the rice in advance with salt and just mix it with the spinach mixture.
- Serve hot.
*One may avoid using shrimps and simply use either mushroom or peas or both.